Library Code of Conduct
For the library to be enjoyed by all patrons, the following rules and regulations should be observed. Patrons who exhibit behavior inconsistent with the following rules may be asked to leave the library.
- Many patrons use the library as a place for quiet study. Patrons should respect the rights of others and not engage in loud conversations or noisy activities. Cell phones must be turned off while inside the building and any calls must be taken outside.
- No smoking, eating, or drinking is permitted in the library.
- Inappropriate attire and poor hygiene is not allowed inside library.
- Damaging library property is forbidden. All materials must be checked out before leaving the building. Bags may be inspected at the door.
- Verbally or physically harassing any staff member or patron is forbidden. If you have a concern about a policy, procedure, or another patron's behavior please speak with a staff member. Violating other library patron's privacy by campaigning, soliciting, or petitioning is also forbidden.
- With the exception of those assisting patrons with a seeing or hearing disability, animals are not allowed inside the library building.
- Parents are responsible for the behavior and supervision of their children. Children under the age of eight years old should not be left unattended in any part of the building.
- Patrons are responsible for their personal property. Please do not leave items unattended.
- Bicycles, roller blades, skateboards, scooters, or similar equipment may not be used in the building or in front of the building.
- Please read and follow the rules for the use of the library's computers and printers posted in the library.
- Please cooperate with the library staff that must interpret and apply these rules and regulations. Your cooperation will help promote excellence in library service for everyone. Any patron violating the rules may be denied access to the library by the Library Director or Director's designee. Patrons whose privileges have been denied may have the decision reviewed by the Board of Trustees.